Thursday 10 December 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Ok - well I have sort of given up hounding students until the New year because I have so much stuff on - I dont know if its cause I work at 100mph but I have been a bit frustrated by the fact that students arent publishing stuff on an ongoing basis and am expecting that sometime before they start putting webfolios together there will be a flurry of activity - however, there are a few exceptions - namely Scott and Lisa who are publishing stuff incrementally..there are still some participants who have published nothing so far.

This week has been a significant week as I have submitted the module specification for the work based mobile module that I am designing for my PhD. The module will be offered across the Faculty and a cohort of students in Carnegie have already been identified to apply to do the module.

I have written the draft for the book chapter so am awaiting feedback on this as well - it has been really enjoyable to do and worthwhile as I have done an extensive literature review, conceptualised a model SLP (Situational Learner Pedgagogy) which I hope will be adopted by some practioners for work based mobile learning.

The ever-supportive Jayne Mothersdale has agreed that I can go on the next ALPs conference which falls on my birthday but nevermind - it will be really intesting... I am going to try and write a paper for the ALT journal and get some experience of being peer reviewed etc

PhD starts next month - unfortunately there has been crossed wires with my application form so I dont know who is supervising me or what is going to happen.

I have my PDP tomorrow and my CPD has to be submitted to ACCA soon! I am glad I am keeping an e-portfolio in PebblePad for myself. I have just spent 30 mins listening to a really interesting presentation on e-portfolios (see slideshow and videos relating to her project(s) in Aukland and Dubai on e-portfolios) http://www.slideshare.net/hazelowendmc/placeholder-2201865 - a lot of what Hazel Owen talked about is what I have tried to incorporate in my chapter and pedagogical underpinning to the module. However, she has made interesting cultural observations that may be a barrier to students choosing the module because of the personal e-portfolio and expectation that one is happy to talk about oneself. I am glad I have invited Dawn Leggott and Marie-Paul Sheard to be involved in the module design.

I am of course very tired and have put in a lot of additional hours this week - resource planning for this sort of thing is so difficult - I am glad it is another accountant's problem and not mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment