Sunday 14 February 2010

PUPPS Project, FCCA and PGCHE update

So, I have been on the gateway and have been looking at content that has been populated which is very interesting - the content ranges in depth and breadth from participant to participant and I am sure that this is going to be reflected in the webfolios that are created.

My next challenge is to find a business contact who will be willing to judge the webfolio competition in June/July. I am going to use this showcasing event as a means to show the Level 2 students who choose the work based mobile learning module what e-portfolios created in PebblePad can look like.

The next event for the PUPPS participants will be on 9th March when I return from teaching in Hong Kong. For this reason, I have quite a lot to organise and make sure is in place on my return to ensure that there are few problems in the lead up to it as I come back on the evening of 4th March.

One of the remaining PUPPS participants is not engaged - there have been no blogs, no assets populated etc which is very surprising as he seemed very enthusiastic at the start of the project - it will be important to identify what these issues are as these will feed into framing the work based mobile learning project that I am piloting in September 2010.

The activity evening on 9th March will involve students creating assets using their PDAs and uploading them into a repository (the Gateway) for me to tag and use as research evidence. I aim to use their assets to recall memories of their progression in the project and to establish their views, change in skills etc in reflective practice and biographical learning. I aim to make it interactive and interesting and am looking into how to create a text poll to gather some data.

Lots to do as usual - I also need to crack on with my teacher fellowship application! Talking of fellowships... I was confirmed as a Fellow of ACCA this week which is a huge personal achievement for me and something that I am very proud of!I believe that recording evidence of learning is hugely important and is a requirement of fellowship of ACCA, as part of my CPD obligations, so pertinent given my objectives for this project.

Still dont know when I will hear about my PGCHE but can use my evidence for my teacher fellowship application and CMALT....so evidence of learning is good and useful!

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Iwi,

    Am very interested in your work with e-Portfolios and would love to see examples of your students' use of PP.

    mail me at: rjt@maximise-ict.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ray

    I have only just picked up this message!

    I wiill send you a few links but students work has been hosted on a private gateway - We can chat via email and I will set up a session where I can give you a virtual tour via Elluminate?

    Let me know!

    Thanks for following the blog!

    ReplyDelete