Tuesday 9 February 2010

The story so far

So I have submitted a paper to ALT-J on the use of mobile technologies for lifelong and life-wide learning and also a proposal for a poster to 2010 ALT conference relating to the PUPPS project - so watch this space

Last week I contacted all participants about the project and it seems that generally things are going well - Students have been populating content onto the Gateway which looks very interesting - there is a breadth of artefacts which are deeply reflective and interesting and I really believe that the scaffolding of PebblePad has contributed to this level of reflection..

However, I intended to use Interpretative Phenomological Analysis (IPA) to recall students experiences during the project using their portfolios as triggers for memories etc It will be interesting to determine whether the use of the PDA added any value and whether this was restricted to administrative/diary support only.

A discussion with one of the participants indicated that this wasnt the case as she said she always carried it around with her so that she could reflect on incidents straight away as she did not want to forget by the time she got home.

I am surprised that there are not more audio files and photos (there are some) and that students have used traditional artefacts of reflection - written reflections, with some written in word and uploaded into PebblePad.

The next stage is our activity day in March for webfolio training and informal interviews to discuss the project. I am also going to ask some of the participants to speak with Level 2 students who will be piloting my new work based mobile learning module.

I need to get busy with my e-portfolio as I am going to apply for a teacher fellowship - however, I really wanted to use my PGCHE portfolio to try and showcase some activities I have undertaken but that is not going to happen as I cannot receive any feedback..

I am also conscious that I need to submit my CMALT portfolio - this will have to go on the back burner for a little while as I need to crack on with Semester 2 assessments (I am module leader for 4 modules this Semester and on my own for 3 - so have lots of assessments to write and am off to HK in just over a week to teach) - busy as per but I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment